Monday, June 8, 2009

Interesting Morning


I SO wish I could have captured the picture of when I opened the garage door this morning to go to work. Since I couldn't, I'll try to describe it to you:

Imagine directly in front of our entire driveway, a big yellow asphalt paving machine inches away from the back of my (newly washed) car.


Directly infront of the machine is a very large dump truck full of dusty, smelly, black asphalt dumping the black, dusty mess into the big yellow asphalt bucket. Billows of dust and grime are coming from the dumpy mess as I slowly make my way outside. I stand there for a few seconds before I catch the attention of one of the drivers of the machine who gives me a look as though to say, "oh no you di-in't". I then reply with a look that says, "please sir, pity me". I guess they are paving our entire neighborhood this week and I have the worst timing trying to leave for work EVER!

Now, it's been an hour and a half and I'm scared to venture back to the driveway to see if I can leave. One of these guys are still rolling around... probably doing something, but looks more like a someone who is overpaid just enjoying life in the sun!

How do you even know when asphalt is dry? Do I go stick a toothpick in it and see if the middle is still gooey? Should I just send Angus across the street to test how dry it is - at least then they couln't blame poor, innocent me. Should I just be risky and drive on it? I know, I'll Google it, and hopefully make it to work sometime this afternoon!

No comments: